Q: Why is cardiovascular health such a concern in today’s society?
FM: In today’s society, many of us have a compromised circulatory system. This is caused by many factors, including aging, smoking, stress, lack of exercise, processed and fast foods, not eating the right amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables, and not drinking enough clean water. In addition, factors such as being overweight can play a role in compromising our circulatory function.
Q: A lot of people are talking about L-Arginine – why is it important?
FM: L-Arginine is vitally important amino acid that has many research articles published on it. The body actually produces L-Arginine from certain foods. Due to the aging process, unhealthy lifestyle, diet, etc., the synthesis of L-Arginine can be restricted.
L-Arginine with synthetic nutrients and vitamins increases Nitric Oxide (NO) production. We know that Nitric Oxide helps keep arteries flexible, which leads to maintaining and supporting blood flow and cardiovascular health.
Q: Can you explain why the link between L-Arginine and Nitric Oxide (NO) is so important?
FM: NO is a molecule that is naturally produced by the body. It is produced in the inner layer of the body vessel or arterial wall, called the endothelium. The endothelium plays a crucial role in the maintenance of vascular tone and structure. One of the major endothelium-derived “mediators” in Nitric Oxide (NO), which is an endogenous (produced inside the body) messenger or signaling molecule. It is formed in the healthy vascular endothelium from its precursor molecule, which is the amino acid L-Arginine.
Q: Your research on Nitric Oxide (NO) won the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine – can you tell us about that?
FM: My key research demonstrated that Nitric Oxide acts as a signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system to make blood vessels dilate. Thus, I won the Nobel Prize on the discovery of some of the biological effects of NO and its role in cell signaling. This topic has now become one of the most rapidly growing areas in biology. In technical or biochemical terms, in many instances, NO mediates its biological effects by activating guanyl cylase and increasing cyclic GMP synthesis from GTP.
Q: Can you tell us what else the science is saying about L-Arginine, NO and increasing L-Arginine in the body?
FM: When the endothelium is deprived of Nitric Oxide, restriction of blood flow may occur. When blood does not flow freely through the arteries, poor cardiovascular function may result. Thus, Nitric Oxide is necessary yo support and maintain a healthy cardio system. One way to increase NO is via exogenous oral supplementation with L-Arginine, provided that the dose of L-Arginine is controlled and that concomitant nutrition is provided.
Q: Why does L-Arginine represent a powerful tool for cardio support?
FM: Unlike some conventional approaches to cardiovascular health, L-Arginine provides a safe and effective support of one’s supplementation armamentarium, without adverse effects. Millions of servings that include 5g per serving of L-Arginine, together with other nutritional ingredients, have now been consumed without many of the side effects associated with other approaches. Thus , there is now a natural method of creating nitric oxide in the human body.
Q: What characteristics/benefits of Argi+ do you find most compelling?
FM: I think the addition of certain fruit extracts is a very interesting approach – a cocktail of antioxidants and/or phytonutrients that may help trigger the pathway from L-Arginine to NO production. There are some fruit extracts that are now becoming very popular for maintaining one’s cardio health – such as pomegranate extract, grape extract, and so forth.
Top 10 Reasons to Drink ARGI+ by Dr. Peter Atherton
M.B.Ch.B., D.Obst. R.C.O.G., F.R.C.G.P & Advisory Board Member
- Acts to release anti-ageing hormones. Who wants to look older than their years?
- Affects insulin sensitivity so is particularly useful in maintaining blood glucose control.
- An extract of red wine which is included in the product helps to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- The pomegranate and fruit components are a rich source of antioxidants; needed to fight the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Increases muscle mass and strength, whilst reducing the amount of fatty tissue. A welcome benefit for sportsmen and women.
- The nitric oxide formed permits greater blood flow and may improve sexual function.
- Aids bone and tissue growth and repair so is particularly appropriate after fractures and soft tissue injury.
- Helps maintain a healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular system.
- Supports the immune system. Nitric oxide, derived from L-Arginine, is utilised by white blood cells and other scavenging cells to attack bacteria as it is toxic to them and makes these immune cells more lethal.
- ARGI+ is a marvellous daily supplement that supports better health throughout many systems of the body, so allowing the body to deliver optimal performance.
GET ANTI-AGING ARGI+ TODAY #320